How to control your mind and thoughts? Your Mind, Friend or Enemy?
I will put it simply.
Our minds are tricky into believing what it wants us to think.
Our mind is to be our friend when it helps us through a sticky situation and give us advice. But this case is always not the same. For most people, the mind’s voice is overwhelmingly negative. So how to control your mind and thoughts?
Spiritual life begins when you can control your mind. Ordinarily, the spirit of a conditioned soul in the material world is entirely out of control. For most people, rather than their mind being controlled, their minds become servants of their senses and the person become the servant of the Mind. For example, if one is walking down a street and sees or smells some lovely food, then the tongue is sending messages to the mind telling it that it wants that food to satisfy the sense of taste. So the person, controlled by the urges of the senses, purchases that food and eats it to ill the whims of the tongue.
In the same way, all the thoughts of the body are demanding the mind to supply their particular objects of gratification, so the person is actually out of control. He becomes a servant of his senses, trying to satisfy their every whim, but the cruel nature of the material world is that no matter what he supplies in an attempt to satisfy his senses they will never be satisfied. They will always demand more, …
The first thought is you- lovable you. The second thought is your negative mind coming in to sabotage your positive state.
We all have a negative mind; it’s that little voice inside our heads that makes up negative stories, fear, and doubts, always expecting the worst outcome. For some of us, our negative mind only comes up occasionally; for others, it may be still there. Our negative thought is not something to be fearful of; when we are aware of it, it teaches us valuable lessons and is there to protect us.
Do you ever feel like there is a battle inside your head? Do you overthink the same situation and feel even more confused? This is your negative mind and true self arguing.
It’s essential to be aware and acknowledge when your negative mind is taking over and making choices for you. Research has shown that by accepting and showing compassion towards ourselves, it makes us stronger in situations and able to handle life with more ease.
We then need to learn that if our thoughts are not supporting us, we have the opportunity to ignore them and let our true self lead the way.
Our negative mind will never entirely go away, but you can learn how to observe your thoughts and detach from the ones that do not support you.
How to control your mind and thoughts? Tips to Make Your Mind an Asset
- Acknowledge when negativity is there and be aware of your thoughts
- Regular time out of your day to still your mind, become centered in your body and detach from any ideas at all.
- Deep breathing is the most underused free, secure tool that I highly recommend. Place your hand on your belly, inhale and fill up your belly and your chest (lungs), fill your whole body with new oxygen and slowly exhale. Meditation is so powerful as it helps to stop that constant battle/chatter inside our heads.
- Repeating positive affirmations is useful when we are learning to rewire our thoughts. You can use them when your negative mind is active, for example when it’s saying; “you’re fat and ugly” you can continually say out loud or just in your head “I am lovable, worthy and beautiful.”
- Using a journal to write down ALL of your thoughts, feelings, experiences help to get it out of your head. Word vomiting on paper can help you to look at situations differently and again, not get caught in your emotions or feel overwhelmed as you may see it separately when it’s written down.
- Exercise to move your energy, shift andy negativity you are holding on to, get out of the head and into your body. This helps you to calm down and then look at your life with a more positive perspective.
- Getting in touch with nature and grounding is also a great one
- Gratitude for your life and always be thankful and appreciate each moment.
Whenever you have to decide anything, your Mind will tell you both a positive and negative thing. You choose to go after positive or negative. It acts based on how you think. The response is based on what you ask for.
Do not fall to the trip that there is such a thing of a Mind always Positive. This is an illusion. Release your self from this quilt.
Do not allow your mind to control you. You need to manage your account. Presence of mind is significant in every situation.
I want to close this article with something significant. There is not only a Positive or a Negative Mind. There is a NEUTRAL MIND which is the one that we should longing for. Neutral Mind is the Mind out of dualities and separation. Each one walking the Spiritual Path wants to achieve that Place.
Above I gave you some hints to start with. Because you don’t go from Elementary to College. There are steps. And will talk about everything further in other articles and courses.
For the moment be present and understand where are you at this game and learn how to control your mind and thoughts. When you will achieve a good state and you can control your Mind you will be able to enter Paradise, the Nirvana. The Neutral Mind.
I Love you all!!! Stay on the good path!!