How to Use NLP Perceptual Positions to Improve your Relationships
Are you currently satisfied with the relationship that you share with your partner? Is your relationship with your partner not as loving or fulfilling as it used to be? How is it possible for you to turn this around and make your relationship as sweet and juicy as it used to be? Today you will be learning an NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) technique. Which you can use to rekindle the great moments with your loved one. By discovering you and your partner’s love strategies.
Why Learn NLP strategies?
In NLP, we believe that everyone has a strategy for doing anything in his/her life. You have an approach for getting motivated, feeling joyful, confident, angry, depressed, etc.
Likewise, people also have a strategy for falling in love, a strategy for feeling loved, falling out of love, etc. But our main intention here is to elicit our approach for feeling loved.
By definition, a strategy in NLP terms is referred to as a specific sequence of internal and external representations that lead to one particular outcome.
For example, when someone touches you in a certain way, you feel loved, not because of the contact itself. But the meaning you link to the touch in your head. Again, nothing in life has any meaning except the meaning we give it.
So when you learn about NLP strategies, you are effectively asking yourself “What must happen in order for us to feel loved?”
NLP perceptual positions are initially been developed by Robert Dilts. An NLP technique that enables you to take different perceptual positions and step out of what you are currently experiencing. Gathering new information by seeing things from a different perspective.
This technique is so powerful since it empowers you to make the necessary changes in your behavior and achieve your desired outcomes in life without any deliberate intervention.
How NLP Works
The premise on which the principle of NLP was built is exceedingly simple. The founders of NLP observed and studied people who excelled at what they did. They examined their thought processes, the amount of self-belief they possessed, the skills they used to deal with tasks and their behavior in the face of pressure. They reached the conclusion that it was possible to teach the average person how to excel using similar techniques. In other words, by taking the master as the model, it was possible to train the student how to better himself in the areas of his life that needed improvement.
NLP techniques are used not only as a therapy for self-development and self-help but also, with great success, to improve athletic prowess and marketing talents. Enhancing communication skills and enhancing problem-solving capabilities are also great on the list of NLP benefits.
What do these four perceptual positions comprise?
1. Self – It represents your own reality, how you see, hear, and feel about the situation in terms of what matters to you
2. Other – The other person’s existence, how it would look, sound or feel if you were them
3. Third party – How the situation appears to someone who is not involved? This person could also be a mentor or role model
4. We – Take on the perspective of the whole arrangement by considering the best interest of the unit as a single entity
How NLP Can Help You
Relationships are all about excellent communication. Too often, we let the most significant times in our lives stagnate because we are just too lazy to make the effort to communicate. NLP techniques will help you to connect positively not just with your family, but also with colleagues in the workplace. How often have you wished that you could establish an immediate connection with people? Well, you can, by using NLP’s subconscious communication techniques.
One of the first premises of NLP, with regard to sales techniques, is that customers buy a product because it meets their needs or helps better their lives in some way. They aren’t interested in the product’s features if it doesn’t help them in any way. NLP techniques can be used to understand the customer’s buying strategy, so you can pitch your product appropriately and increase the number of sales.
NLP techniques will help you understand why you make the choices you do. Not just in your career but your personal life as well. This gives you the skills necessary to make changes in your behavior, so you can start making the right choices subconsciously. Motivational levels, if static, can be raised and kept at consistently high levels using NLP methods. You can also make use of these tested techniques to set and reach goals. Through the application of NLP techniques, you will be able to not just set goals. But devise a strategy to reach them that is as fun and enjoyable as the goal itself! Last, but not least, NLP helps you put the focus back into your uncertain life.
Process of Perceptual Positions NLP
1. First, imagine standing in front of the person you don’t get on with. The first perceptual position is all about being yourself and identifying how you feel and what you think about the situation. When you are done, break state (just open your eyes if closed, or sing a song )
2. Move into second perceptual position to find out how the other party is thinking and feeling about the situation. In other words, you are finding out the positive intention behind his behavior. Break state.
3. Now put yourself in a position where you can perceive the interaction that went on between the two people. Identify what you are thinking and feeling about the situation as though you were the third party or neutral party. Here, you may even wish to bring in a role model who can help to give you good advice. Break state.
4. As you move to perceptual position four. Step out of all the former positions and gain a view on all three positions as though you were not involved at all. You should be detached from all the three positions. What would you recommend or advise the person (you) in perceptual position 1?
5. Bringing the new resources that you have gathered from all the four positions. Move back to perceptual position one and perceive how you will respond to the situation and deal with the relationship conflict in a more empowering manner.
6. Do a test and future pace to evaluate the effectiveness of this NLP technique.
The popularity of NLP & Hypnotherapy
Methods such as NLP and hypnotherapy are becoming increasingly popular with people looking to cut down on their stress. It’s easy to see why – they tend to be healthier ways to calming us down than many of the other alternative ‘solutions’ our there such as medicating with alcohol, drugs and even prescribed medicines and can also help us in our day to day lives, particularly in business and relationships.
NLP practitioners and hypnotherapists are finding themselves in higher demand than ever from businesses as managers and executives are hiring them to reduce stress and increase the confidence and efficiency of their employees.
NLP, in particular, is useful in a business situation as it can teach people to communicate in a more effective manner. Adapting to different situations and levels of communication. For example, someone who has received NLP training will be more likely to be able to change their body language and non-verbal communication to fit the requirements of their situation. Be it the tone of voice, the way they sit, the mannerisms they adopt and such forth.
Effective communication is often a crucial element in helping us to reduce stress. But there is plenty more which a seasoned hypnotherapist and NLP practitioner can help with. Whether it’s in assisting us to relax at the end of a hard day or giving us the tools. We need to cope with the increasingly competitive working environments caused by today’s troubling economic climate. These un-intrusive methods offer the ideal way to help us survive and succeed these stressful times without needing to resort to pills or other medication.
Try these NLP Perceptual Positions to make your relationships better.
I love you guys! Stay on the good path!